so I couldn't fall asleep last night, and I...
wildehack: about a reverse little mermaid, in which the prince’s sister has always dreamed of life under the sea, and then they are in a shipwreck, and as she hangs onto a piece of driftwood, she sees her brother rescued from drowning by a mermaid. Everybody thinks she’s mad, later, after she’s been rescued. But her brother did turn up alive and unharmed on the beach, and she knows what she saw:...
I love the OED!
widdershins (adv.) 1510s, chiefly Scottish, originally “contrary to the course of the sun or a clock” (movement in this direction considered unlucky), probably from Middle Low German weddersinnes, literally “against the way” (i.e. “in the opposite direction”), from widersinnen “to go against,” from wider “against” (see with) + sinnen...
Probably an odd question but I'm too lazy to look...
What did people call ‘clockwise’ and ‘counter-clockwise’ before clocks?
You know what would be really cool?
uminotenshi: If someone wrote a story on Allerleirauh (All-Fur) and made the princess an anti-fur/animal rights activist. Or maybe a fashion designer (dresses like the moon, the sun, the stars)!
Stay close to anything that makes you glad you are alive.– Hafiz (via perfect)
Work is killing my feet
standing all day on concrete in clogs is not fun
1) Give me a pairing. 2) Give me an AU setting. 3) I will write you a three-sentence fic.
Going to a wonderful friend's birthday party later...
and I have no idea what to wear?!
Send me a number and two characters - get a...
abeasthowlinginmyveins: Introduction Love Light Dark Seeking Solace Break Away Heaven Innocence Drive Breathe Again Memory Insanity Misfortune Smile Silence Questioning Blood Rainbow Gray Cookies Vacation Mother Nature Cat Orly? Trouble Lurking Tears Foreign Sorrow Happiness Under the Rain Flowers Night Expectations Stars Hold My Hand Precious Treasure Eyes ...
Starting my new retail job tomorrow…
Can southern gothic be my gender now?
It’s like dark and bittersweet with a strong dose of blood and pain that’s how far I struggled to get to this point of agonizing clarity of who I am
Roses: Who is your love interest?
Lilacs: Do you consider yourself beautiful and innocent?
Irises: Do you have words worth spreading? Wise words?
Gladiolus: Are you violent?
Lilies: Have you lost someone important to you?
Protea: Are you courageous?
Peony: Are you lucky?
Orchid: Are you a charming person?
Statice: What do you like to remember?
Sun flower: What brings you happiness?
Lisianthus: What do you appreciate?
Sweet pea: Are you delicate or sweet?
Tulip: Are you elegant or graceful?
Hydrangea: Have you endured/suffered for beauty?
Fresia: Who is your best friend?
whimsicalspecks: akitron: buttlarious: tumblr is boring today better go check tumblr #I literally get bored and close tumblr only to reopen tumblr
genderpenguin: Today, my gender wants to play a game called “whose body is this?”
milkydayy: i know everyones freaking out about yahoo buying tumblr but maybe just maybe its the beggining of something
SOMETIMES YOUR FAVOURITE CELEBRITY DOES FUCKED UP,...
shittythingscelebshavesaid: That’s our motto here.
I was futzing around with my laptop settings and trying to figure out how if I could sync my bookmarks to my google chrome account and when I logged back in ALL OF THE WORDS ON MY TUMBLR SAVIOR BLACK LIST WERE RESET!! FUCK!
princelypaws: need a tshirt that says “ask me about my trans* headcanons”
Why is it so hard for me to write this story?
I never knew how difficult it would be as a trans* person to write from the point of view of a het cis-person who is encountering a queer trans*-being who is from a magical poly/pan/trans* society alternate dimension. I have the alternate dimension society down pat. But damn it, het cis are so difficult to write!
Did you know
that Redbubble has a bunch of Tumblr themed stickers? I’m really tempted to get a bunch of ‘you tried’ stars
ALRIGHT YOU LITTLE SHITS
obsessivelygalahad: lycaons: rosenkristall: TUMBLR AND IT’S FUTURE IS AT STAKE HERE SIGN AND REBLOG IF YOU WANT TO SAVE TUMBLR FROM YAHOO SIGNAL BOOST and, and look at this: “Mayer [President and CEO of Yahoo] wants to incorporate Yahoo!’s products — including search, email, and its popular homepage — into the “daily habits” of its users.” HELL nO. KEEP SIGNING
55 Reading Questions
1. Favorite childhood book?
2. What are you reading right now?
3. What books do you have on request at the library?
4. Bad book habit?
5. What do you currently have checked out at the library?
6. Do you have an e-reader?
7. Do you prefer to read one book at a time, or several at once?
8. Have your reading habits changed since starting a blog?
9. Least favourite book you read this year (so far)?
10. Favorite book you’ve read this year?
11. How often do you read out of your comfort zone?
12. What is your reading comfort zone?
13. Can you read on the bus?
14. Favorite place to read?
15. What is your policy on book lending?
16. Do you ever dog-ear books?
17. Do you ever write in the margins of your books?
18. Not even with text books?
19. What is your favourite language to read in?
20. What makes you love a book?
21. What will inspire you to recommend a book?
22. Favorite genre?
23. Genre you rarely read (but wish you did)?
24. Favourite biography?
25. Have you ever read a self-help book?
26. Favourite cookbook?
27. Most inspirational book you’ve read this year (fiction or non-fiction)?
28. Favorite reading snack?
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
33. Most intimidating book you’ve ever read?
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
35. Favorite Poet?
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
38. Favorite fictional character?
39. Favourite fictional villain?
40. Books I’m most likely to bring on vacation?
41. The longest I’ve gone without reading.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book half-way through?
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
52. Name a book that made you angry.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
55. Favorite guilt-free, pleasure reading?
My parents are letting me look into a new laptop!!! I’ve had mine for about a little over 4 years and it’s been fritzing a lot lately. I know I want to stick with Windows because it’s what I’m used to. And probably stick with HP. But other than that I have no idea how to go shopping for a good laptop that’ll fit my needs. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some...
I wanna write I wanna write stuff I wanna write stuff with characters I wanna write stuff with characters who are non-binary
kaalashnikov: sext: let’s make ocs, world build, then have them do things together in that world
caffeinatedfeminist: If you’re against feminism as a movement because of it’s tendencies to exclude trans* women and WOC, that’s totally legitimate. But if you’re against it because you think it’s wrong to focus on women’s equality because it “ignores the men” then you let me come live in your universe where men are in need of having their rights protected because I’d like to see that shit.
howdoyouwords asked: 2, 9, 17,18, 20.
23 DEEP ASS questions
1. What is more difficult for you, looking into someones eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someones eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
2. Think of the last time you were REALLY angry. WHY were you angry? Do you still feel the same way?
3. You are on a flight from Honolulu to Chicago non-stop. There is a fire in the back of the plane. You have enough time to make ONE phone call. Who do you call? What do you tell them?
4. You are at the doctor’s office and he has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? What do you do with your remaining days? Would you be afraid?
5. You can have one of the following two things. Which do you choose? Why? Love and Trust.
6. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late even once more, you are fired. Do you take the time to save the dogs life? Why or Why not?
7. Would you rather be hurt by the one you trust the most or the one you love the most?
8. Your best friend confesses that he/she has feelings for you more than just friendship. He/she is falling in love with you. What do you (or did you) do/say?
9. Think of the last person who you know that died. You have the chance to give them 1 hour of life back, but you have to give up one year of yours. Do you do it? Why or Why not?
10. Are you the kind of friend that you would want to have as a friend?
11. Does love = sex?
12.Your boss tells your coworker that they have to let them go because of work shortage, and they are the newest employee. You have been there much longer. Your coworker has a family to support and no other means of income. Do you go to your boss and offer to leave the company? Why or Why not?
13.When was the last time you told someone HONESTLY how you felt regardless of how difficult it was for you to say? Who was it? What did you have to tell the person?
14. What would be (or what was) harder for you to tell a member of the opposite/same sex, you love them or that you do not love them back?
15. What do you think would be the hardest thing for you to give up? Why would it be hard to lose?
16. Excluding romantic love, when was the last time you told someone you loved them. Who were they to you?
17. If there was one moment and one time in the last month what would you change and why?
18. Would you give a homeless person CPR if they were dying? Why or Why not?
19.You are holding onto your grandmother’s hand and the hand of a newborn that you do not know as they hang over the edge of a cliff. You have to let one go to save the other. Who do you let fall to their death? What was your rationale for making the decision?
20. Are you old fashioned?
21. When was the last time you were nice to someone and did NOT expect anything in return for it?
22.Which would you choose, true love with a guarantee of a broken heart, or never loved at all? Why?
23.If you could do anything or wish anything, what would it be?
marcovicci: i’ve never felt like i was “trapped in the wrong body”, at least not for gender reasons man, this is my body. it’s the right body because it has me in it. it just has some unnecessary parts and maybe it’s not really the shape i’d like it to be yet but that doesn’t mean i have to buy a new product, it just needs some modding
To [write], you have to actually be curious. You have to not just want to be...– Ta-Nehisi Coates on political writing, though it could just as easily apply to all writing. (via invertintrovert)
Take a day to heal from the lies you’ve told yourself and the ones that have...– Maya Angelou (via creatingaquietmind)